Firearm Corrosion Prevention: Best Practices
[custommenu container_class=”page-menu alignright” menu=”Firearms, Ammo, & Weapons Resources”]
Gun owners know how important it is to prevent firearm corrosion. Keeping weapons and ammunition dry and protected from harmful moisture that can cause rust to develop is a must. Learn about corrosion and our best practices for storing firearms to keep your weapons and ammo safe for years to come.
What is corrosion?
Corrosion – The degradation of metal over time as the surface interacts with oxygen, water and acid gases. As a result of this deterioration, rust can form on unprotected firearms, ammo and weapons, sometimes within hours.
Corrosion Prevention – Managing corrosion with Zerust Firearms, Ammo & Weapons Products will inhibit the electrochemical reactions that cause rust on the surface of your valuable firearms, ammo and weapons. Save time and money – prevent firearm corrosion before it starts!
storage and Handling best Practices
- All bags and containers must be tightly closed to restrict airflow.
- The temperature of metal items being stored must be the same as the current room temperature.
- Avoid the direct contact of metal with wood, paper and cardboard.
- Always wear clean, dry gloves before handling metal.
- Pack only clean, dry metal items.