How Zerust Works
Rust Protection: The Zerust Shield
All Zerust products work by releasing a harmless, non-toxic, odorless, colorless vapor into the air around your metal item.
1. Protective molecules settle on all exposed metal surfaces, forming a very thin protective layer that is just a few molecules thick.
2. This molecular layer inhibits electrochemical reactions on the surface of the metal that cause corrosion.
3. Exposed metal surfaces protected by Zerust benefit from a long-lasting shield against rust, tarnish and corrosion.
Our products do not affect the electrical or mechanical properties, or functionality of the metal components they protect. In fact, they actually help improve reliability by preventing corrosion damage that is too small to be seen by the naked eye.
Rust Prevention Technology Options
Zerust protection is available in a variety of forms so you can choose the option that best fits your needs.
All of our products operate on the same basic principle - to create an invisible barrier of corrosion-blocking molecules around your valuable metal item.
This can be achieved in one of two ways:
1. Insert your item into a Zerust enclosure.
2. Place a Zerust product in or near your metal item, and then seal it inside your own storage container.
Free US Ground Shipping
on all orders over $40
For example, you could wrap a bicycle in our Bicycle Cover, or protect smaller items by affixing a Vapor Capsule to the inside of a toolbox, lock box or gun safe. Both options are safe and effective against corrosion and rust.
Contact us if you’re not sure which rust prevention product will best protect your item, or if you’re looking for a custom solution.