Zerust anti-corrosion products work well not only around the house and garage for personal use, but also around the warehouse and factory floor for professional use.
Here’s a bit of advice for those of you out there who are using Zerust for more highly skilled purposes.
If you’ve followed Zerust long enough, (and we know you have, dear Z-lings) by now you know that corrosion is the degradation of metal over time. When metal surfaces interact with moisture and gas (oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, carbon dioxide, and all that other stuff in the air) they begin the natural process of breaking down.
The metal wants to remain in its natural state. Unfortunately, the laws of nature dictate that rust can form on unprotected metal surfaces within hours. If you don’t protect your inventory while it’s on the shelf, it won’t be worth a hill of beans when it’s time to fulfill an order. So you’ve got to act fast and employ the right line of defense. Protect your inventory on the shop and warehouse floor with Zerust. Manage corrosion with Zerust products and services, and save your company from the extraordinary expense of wear and tear that results when inventory sits idle for extended periods of time.
Zerust products beat rust on a molecular level:
All Zerst products are produced (bestowed, constructed, forged you might say) with Zerust’s patented corrosion inhibiting vapor molecules. These patented agents have the strength to counteract the elements – ya know, all that stuff in the air like oxygen, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, etc., and, of course, moisture – that degrade metal. Yeah. That stuff. [Mother nature is one tough cookie, lemme tell ya].
When you use Zerust multipurpose VCI Poly Bags, Plastabs, or any other Zerust protective cover product, you’re conserving your valuables with scientific precision. Ya see, the anti-corrosion vapors in all of our products are emitted into the enclosed area of the bag or film and serve to protect what you keep inside. The vapor saturates the air and bonds with the metal to form a protective barrier around the metal surface. The vapor dissipates when you open the bag or cover, and saturates the air all over again when you re-seal it.
Most Industrial metal parts of good, high grade quality are manufactured with a VCI (Volatile Corrosion Inhibitor) layer. But this layer can easily wear thin over time when faced with the onslaught of the elements. As such, these VCI layers – when exposed to oxygen (and other gases in the air) and moisture – can break down completely within a couple of hours, thus leaving your stuff vulnerable. Using Zerust products for storage, however, helps keep your inventory fit for up to five years.
Packing and Handling Instructions:
- When packing parts, always go the clean and dry route, no matter what.
- Confirm that your inventory is at room temperature before packing it up for storage. If not, the moisture of colder temperatures will counteract the vapor and potentially breed rust. The rust will wreak havoc on your inventory while it sits idle on the warehouse shelf.
- Believe it or not, the natural oils on your hands and skin can wear down that thin layer of VCI that coats most high grade manufactured parts. To prevent this from happening, always wear clean and dry gloves before handling metal parts.
- When packing more than one part, be sure to include some Zerust sheets to provide separation between the metal surfaces.
- Make sure everything is packed tight to restrict airflow.
There you go. All done. Until next time, don’t let your stuff turn to dust. Turn to Zerust!
-Michael J. Miller for Zerust